When working in construction we are going to need the toughest watches to guard against any wear and tear the job throws at it.
We look at the toughest watches for construction workers.
Our top-rated: We liked the Casio G-Shock Quartz Resin Sport Watch
Our site is reader-supported. To maintain the site we may earn commission on sales through our links at no extra cost to you. For further information view our policy.
Durable Construction Watches
1. – Casio G-Shock Quartz Resin Sport Watch
Our No 1 choice for toughest watch has several models and different but we liked this watch as it gives the most bang for the buck
The main features of the G Shock:
- It is shock resistant- protects against impact and vibrations.
- Sturdy design
- Water-resistant to protect against all weathers
- Built to last for years and years
Casio has built up a great reputation in durable watches over the past twenty years and this is another quality item.
If you are involved in construction or manufacturing this is a great choice as it is designed to withstand the bumps and bashes it is exposed to daily.
This watch is used by construction workers, military and sports enthusiasts over the world.
2. Garmin Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch
For those workers who like to partake in sports in their downtime, this GPS watch by Garmin offers a tough sports watch.
Features of the Garmin Instinct:
- It is a Rugged watch built to withstand the toughest environments
- Constructed to U.S. Military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance
- Allows notifications from a smartphone
- Great for exercise as well
- GPS tracking included.
A good all round watch but most importantly its tough.
Comes with a lot of features for those who like their technology.
3. Citizen Promaster Tough
If you are looking to combine an elegant looking item but still have a durable tough watch, then this could be your next choice.
The Citizen Promaster Tough features:
- Powered by light, no batteries needed
- Sturdy and classic design built to last
- Stainless steel casing
- 5-year manufacturers warranty
We liked this watch as it can be worn day and night even out of work.
Its classic design allows it to be smart watch but it is also sturdy enough to wear for work.
The watch features Citizen’s Eco-Drive technology which means that it operates on light instead of batteries.
#4 Timex Men’s Tactic DGTL Big Combo
We liked the Timex mens tactic DGTL
It is built to last.
Features of Timex Mens Tactic DGTL:
- Durable casing
- scratch-resistant lens
- Choice of soft silicone or resin straps
- Water-resistant to 50 m
- Sturdy construction
This watch is ideal for workers in construction and manufacturing.
It is built to withstand general wear and tear that you may be encountered with.
#5 Casio Men’s G-Shock GW6900-1 Tough Solar Sport Watch
Another Casio G Shock makes the list because of it solar powered technology.
Safety Workwear view:
- Shock-resistant watch featuring LED backlight with day, date, and time display
- Additional features include multi-band six atomic timekeeping, world time, daily alarm with snooze, 12 and 24-hour formats, and solar power battery
- 41 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window.Size of case / total weight 53.2 x 50.0 x 17.7mm / 63g
- Accuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month
An additional option is to upgrade your existing watch and fit with an armour shield such as this one by Spigen.
The Rugged Armor Pro helps to protect the more delicate Apple watch by giving an extra layer.
It protects against scratches and is a flexible and shock absorbent layer.
Working in construction brings its fair share of moments where watches are likely to be damaged and scratched.
Looking for the best tough, most durable watches from the outset can save money in the long run by having to repair them.
Some watches now have a feast of features that may be useful.
As well as a tough strap and watch face look at the clasping mechanism.