Those involved in construction and their general day to day tasks include kneeling need the relevant PPE to avoid short term and long term problems. Occupations that involve flooring and floor laying especially need to look after their knees. We look at the best knee pads for work, especially construction and flooring workers.
Our top-rated kneepad: Toughbuilt KP-G3 Gelfit
Our site is reader-supported. To maintain the site we may earn commission on sales through our links at no extra cost to you. For further information view our policy.
Top 10 Knee Pads for Work Flooring Contractors
#1 – Toughbuilt KP-G3 Gelfit
Our No 1 choice for flooring kneepads as the tough built KP-G3 based on comfort and quality of materials used.
Features of the KP-G3 Kneepads:
- Gel cushion and foam surround
- Built to last mad from abrasion-resistant fabric
- Designed to be ergonomic and worn all-day.
- Fits in place using EVA elastic straps- good stability.
The tough built KP-G3 maximises pressure distribution for the wearer.
We liked: The fit and comfort of these kneepads. Although they are built to last, which is obviously not a problem but they aren’t clunky.
#2 Heritage Leather 321
- Pair of leather kneepads supplied
- They are double felt lined for additional comfort
- Manufactured in the USA
The design of the kneepads enables them to be worn and can walk. These are quality built kneepads. Ideal for those who work on their knees for part of their working day. The look more old school than the rest of the kneepads here but they do a great job at protecting the knees, and that’s what we were looking for.
#3 Alistar Professional Knee Pads
The Good Points: Tough engineered kneepads designed for a variety of trades.
- Flexible plastic outer. Strong material to prevent damage.
- Non mark grip strip
- Speed clips help snap in and out fast.
- Metal rivet hinge to allow easy walking and kneeling
The knee pads were well built and didn’t shift around when worn.
#4 Sellstrom KneePro Knee Pads – Ultra Flex III
- Extra tough outer plastic shell. Made to last.
- 3/4″ thick triple-layered foam padding to protect the kee.
- Placement of elastic straps
- Designed to be worn and moved about in thanks to metal rivets.
- Non-marking grip strip for delicate surfaces.
These orange and grey kneepads by Sellstrom stay in place during the day thanks tho hinged design. Ideal for work roles in the construction and manufacturing sectors.
#5 Knee Pads for Work by Thunderbolt
Ideal for contractors who spend a great deal of time on their knees, these knee pads are by Thunderbolt.
Safety Workwear view:
- Double Gel layer and foam layer for protection to the knee
- New design for 2020
- Heavy-duty outer designed to protect.
- Adjustable straps for a better fit
#6 ToughBuilt GelFit Professional
These tough built gel kneepads are a good option for contractors who spend time on their knees. Good quality thick pads that stay in place.
- Include a gel fit and foam cushioned section to guard the knee section.
- Abrasion-resistant fabric on the outer shell- built to last
- High side walls prevent the pads from slipping whilst wearing.
#7 ALTA 50423 NOMAR
This set of kneepads by Alta are perfect for flooring and construction contractors.
- Ideal for flooring contractors working on hardwood and tiled floors
- Rubber cap reduces marking and allows nonslip surface.
- They are made with DuPont Cordura nylon
#8 McGuire-Nicholas All Purpose Adjustable
This pair of all purpose soft kneepads are ideal for the work setting to give any extra layer tour knees. They are adjustable and are durable.
- Two 1 and a half-inch adjustable velcro straps per kneepad
- Resists wet areas and water
- Made from tough fabric
#9 Milescraft 1603 KneeBlades
This pair of kneepads are built on wheels. Roller skating with your knees whilst working. A button can lock the blades into place so they can be used as normal kneepads.
- Non-marking casters. Each caster has a load-bearing rating of 80lbs.
- Designed for pulling yourself whilst working
- Tapered Gel pads distribute the weight in the area evenly.
- One strap for tighetning and securing leg.
#10 SuperiorBilt Platinum
These large area kneepads are designed to offer protection and comfort to the wearer.
- These are built to last and provide comfort
- Quick snap release straps.
- Shin support in the lower section
- Left and right marking so pads fit the legs.
Lots of workers in the construction and manufacturing sectors spend some of their working days kneeling. Over time this can have an impact on the body. Knee pads are designed to protect the wearer. Choosing the best fit and style to protect your knees is a good long term investment.
Look at the layers of protection and the outer shell materials to ensure that these bit of PPE are up to the task.
You may be interested in the best hard hats.